1835 The very beginning
Shortly after the creation of the Belgian state, the company sa Des Bougies de la Cour, Manufacture Royale, was founded, one of the first companies in the world to engage itself on an industrial scale in the chemistry of natural fats. The company delivered candles to the Court which can be derived from its name. During its existence this company merged with Roubais De Houdecove of Borgerhout. The production in Borgerhout diversified into candles, soap, edible oil, margarines and raw vegetable oils. Since more and more people settled in the area around the factory, the problems for the surrounding area grew bigger. In 1956 the company relocated to the new industrial park in Oelegem.