A natural chemistry
Natural raw materials are the heart of our business. Over 95% of our raw materials are renewable. Next to this, we continuously search of greener alternatives for the 5% raw materials with functionalities that currently can only be provided form (partially) non-renewable sources.
- 100% traceable and covered by sustainable certifications if high-rish palm & soybean oil supply by 2025
- 100% physical free from deforestation by 2030
- Reduce the impact of other raw materials by e.g. best agricultural practices
Oleon's Sustainable Palm Policy
When taking into account climate change and the scarcity of our planet's resources sustainable palm is an excellent raw material. Not least because of the very high crop yield compared to all other crops. However, palm-based raw materials potentially have negative impacts on ecosystems and humans. That is why we manage our raw material choices according to best practices and uphold the highest sustainability standards. In collaboration with our shareholder the Avril Group and non-profit organization Earthworm, we developed a dedicated Sustainable Palm Policy.
Our ambition is to use palm-based raw materials originating from areas where forests and peatlands are not destroyed, and where the right of local farmers and communities is respected.- Marjan Maes, Corporate Social Responsibility Manager
Walk the talk
- 100% of our palm oil volumes are covered by sustainability initiatives such as verified deforestation free, certification by RSPO or ISCC-EU and field projects.
- 100% traceability to the mill (mill list 2022) of our palm oil & palm oil derivatives supply.
- NDPE commitment (No Deforestation, No Peat, No Exploitation)
- Oleon offers RSPO Mass Balance certified products and RSPO Segregated certified products.